Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hi there

     Well I now have a link to photos on my Picasa as I was finally able to get my computer online. Yay!!! Also because of the fact that I spent over $25 dollars on postcards in Ecuador and it looks like I would have to spend a bit more than that to send cards from Peru I do not plan on sending any more to anyone unless they plan on giving me money to do so. Sorry to be stingy but I'm running low on funds. 

      Other than that Tim, Eve, and I went on a hike to a lake high up in the mountains. I have been a bit under the weather and the strain of the hike made me through up so I went back to the small town Llupa that borders the mountains to wait for them. After the sun had moved well into the afternoon I was well into my book and it looked as though it was going to rain I decided I would return to Huaraz and our hostel.  As I had spoken with everyone in the town by the time I left, I had no fear the Tim and Eve would not easily find out that I had gone.  Turns out they were not feeling so well themselves it took them much longer than expected to get back partially because Tim had taken a nap, and because they had taken regular breaks to rest. 

            Today we have spent in bed and at a cafe with Wi-Fi to recuperate before we leave on a two or three day trek in the Cordillera Blanca.

No comments:

Post a Comment