Monday, May 25, 2009

Santa Cruz Trek day 4

On the final day we walked through two no road access villages to the final one where there was a road. We waited half an hour before a truck came by we got in the back with bags and bags of food and a few personal backpacks and our own gear and we began to drive one of the most highly rated drives in the whole world. It was cramped and cold and generally uncomfortable but my goodness there are not words to describe the differences in beauty and grandeur and magnificence of all the things I saw. I only hope that I am able to hold the images in my mind forever. We then took another cramped ride in a colectivo to Huaraz dropped our things at our hostel and went out for a large dinner at a French restaurant.
It was a great trek!      

No comments:

Post a Comment